I have been tasked with helping our aviation department develop new business opportunities. They have access to the entire IMSAR, LLC suite of sensors to include high resolution SAR radar pods, high resolution EO and IR (still imagery), and a limited FMV capability. IMSAR's sensor pods would be mounted on Cessna 172's, and piloted by extensively trained aircrews familiar with testing and operating IMSAR sensor packages.
Given what the capabilities of the aircraft and sensor packages offer, I have several questions:
1. What types of data collection can they reasonably expect a customer to request in the commercial sector?
2. What are the going rates for data collection being conducted currently worldwide?
3. Where are the "niche" markets right now?
4. What software/hardware packages are being used to process these data collects?
5. Are there opportunities to sell raw data, and to whom?