Please note the following role requires you to hold or be able to acquire and maintain a valid security clearance, EU security clearance minimum.
DEA is a full-service aircraft operator with extensive Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) flight capability backed up by a skilled in-house aviation engineering team. This powerful combination puts us at the forefront of our industry, both in the air and on the ground. It also ensures we can deploy and support quickly and efficiently, even in the world’s most challenging environments.
Task Specialist (Airborne Sensor Operator) Role
To perform Task Specialist (Airborne Sensor Operator) duties on board fixed wing aircraft supporting ISR operations worldwide.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Liaise with DEA Intel Analysts to understand mission requirement and constraints.
- Brief the aircraft commander on mission requirements and constraints.
- Assist the aircraft commander as required with pre-flight preparations.
- Ensure that all mission equipment is correctly configured.
- Responsible for the correct loading, use and husbandry of all mission equipment.
- Recording and updating all mission equipment technical records.
- Confirming that mission equipment is functioning correctly or that arising and/or unresolved faults do not compromise safety of flight.
- Alerting the aircraft commander to any changes to mission equipment serviceability and/or mission capability.
- Assisting as required with the safe conduct of the mission, such as by external observation and liaison with external agencies.
- Act as the mission manager (to include management of ground-based equipment) in accordance with company procedures to meet agreed customer objectives.
- Record all mission system faults and liaise with DEA Systems personnel as required in pursuit of timely fault resolution and a return to full mission capability.
- Assist the aircraft commander with any pre and post-mission duties as required.
- While engaged on contract, accept all other reasonable tasks as may be required to contribute to overall company objectives, attending, or delivering briefings, provide technical advice and support, representing DEA to the Customer and other stakeholders, and assisting DEA Managers in mission related tasks.
Technical Experience and Qualifications
- To be able to demonstrate trainable competence with the following equipment;
- EO/IR gimbal mounted payloads;
- Aircraft mounted radar systems;
- Communications equipment; and
- Complex mission systems.
- Familiar with and competent in the use of Microsoft Windows OS and baseline Microsoft office products.
- Able to work in a small aircraft cabin environment for prolonged periods of time (up to a minimum of 5 hours daily and over consecutive days)
- Verified experience in a multi crew aircraft acting as a sensor operator/observer.
- Experience of Wescam MX series sensors.
- Previous ISR and/or instructor/evaluator experience.
- Military, SAR or Policing background.
Verified experience in a similar role.
- Possess excellent Crew Resource Management (CRM) skills.
- Able to accommodate irregular shift-patterns, sometimes with minimal notice.
- Communicate clearly and effectively (written and oral).
- Full acceptance of being a net contributor to a problem-solving network.
- Able to integrate seamlessly into small, deployed teams, accepting a full share of domestic tasks to promote team effectiveness and cohesion.
- Demonstrate ability to manage conflicting demands, prioritizing tasks, resources, and workload to meet deadlines and operational needs.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to the Company’s health, safety and environmental practices and procedures, in full compliance of related regulations.
- Holds a valid Driving License
- Holds a valid Passport without limitations
- Ability to travel at short notice
- Hold or be able to acquire and maintain a valid security clearance, EU security clearance minimum.
Interested parties to please send their CV to: