ASOG 2020 Focus Areas: General
SEPT 2020 POLL:
Aircraft, Equipment, and Systems - What triggers your need or want to buy new equipment or technology?
- There are enough advancements and new features over my current gear. - 40%
- Cost of maintaining current gear is forcing the issue. - 0%
- Manufacturer/supplier has stopped supporting current gear or will soon stop supporting it. - 40%
- Expansion of current business or addition of new business requires technologies not currently in toolkit. - 20%
- Productivity gains – improved efficiency for current aircrew or ability to reduce crew size. - 0%
- When the financing is right (cash on hand, favorable interest rates, or special offer from manufacturer). 0%
Career Management – In your professional opinion, which one of the hard skills below would you rank as No. 8 (Last) for an ASO or Aircrew Member?
- Clear communication - 0%
- Situational awareness - 0%
- Teamwork - 0%
- Decisiveness & Quick thinking - 0%
- The ability to remain calm - 0%
- Leadership - 25%
- The ability to understand technical information - 0%
- Mathematics & Creative skills combined - 75%
SEPT 2020 QUIZ:
Sensor Knowledge – Thermographic sensors usually detect radiation in which class of the Electro-Magnetic Spectrum?
- Near infrared - 0%
- Mid infrared - 75% (Correct)
- Far infrared - 0%
- Other - 25%
Radio & Communication Operations - Are ASO’s (Civil-Commercial Aircrew) required to pass an ICAO Aviation English proficiency test to fly and operate international?
- No - 50% (Correct)
- Yes - 0%
- Not Sure - 50%
ASOG Desk Editor (Patrick)